Cooler Fall weather will be on its way eventually, and this super easy 5 Ingredient Corn Pudding Casserole Recipe is the perfect side for a tailgate potluck, holiday meal, or as a compliment to a big pot of chili! It is slightly crisp on the top, yet is sweet, buttery, and filled with delicious bits of corn in the middle. This is the easiest way to have soft, moist cornbread with minimal fuss. This corn casserole recipe also makes a good size batch to share with family and friends.
There are about a million variations of this dish, but the core 5 ingredients are fairly standard:
- A single box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix (dry)
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 stick Melted Salted Butter (=1/2 cup)
- A can of Yellow Corn (drained)
- 1 can Creamed Corn (and juices)
- Optionally, you can add some kosher salt and black pepper (I always do), some shredded cheddar cheese, and/or 1-2 large eggs. The eggs will make the consistency a bit fluffier, if desired.
This recipe goes perfectly with my Homemade Chili, if you are wondering what to make for your next family dinner!
To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and grease an 8×8 or medium casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Next, simply mix all of the above ingredients together until combined. Pour into the greased baking dish.
To finish, bake the corn pudding casserole uncovered, for 45-50 minutes until set and the batter is no longer shiny.
It really is that simple to whip up this easy 5 Ingredient Corn Pudding Casserole! The end result is a dish that is kid-approved and pairs with pretty much any continental cuisine.
5 Ingredient Corn Pudding Casserole
- 1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix (dry)
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Salted Butter, melted =1 stick
- 1 can Corn, drained
- 1 can Creamed Corn and Juices
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 large Egg (for fluffier texture)
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 or medium casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix all of the ingredients together using a large spoon, and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered for 45-50 minutes, or until top appears set, and batter is no longer shiny.
Like this recipe? Try my Easy Quiche recipe next!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?