This Chicken Ramen Stir Fry recipe is one of my family’s all time favorites! It is super delicious, and easy to make. This dish is also packed with tons of hidden veggies, and has the most flavorful sauce. If you are a fan of Chinese restaurant Lo Mein, this recipe will be one of your favorites too!
Preparing the Ingredients
The noodles for this recipe are just simple, dry, packaged Ramen, and they cook in the pan right along side the chicken, vegetables, and sauce. It is best to prepare all of the ingredients prior to cooking so you can quickly add them when needed. It takes a bit of time to cut up all the vegetables and chicken, so prep time is key!
Preparing the Sauce
For the Sauce, whisk together: soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, sriracha sauce, sesame oil, and minced garlic. Set aside.
I love to prepare this dish using a large cast iron skillet. It is the perfect vessel to bring out all the flavors of the ingredients. If you don’t have one, a non-stick skillet will work just fine. Make sure it is a large pan though, at least 12-14 inches in diameter.
Cooking the Chicken Ramen Stir Fry
Start by preheating 1 or 2 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil in the pan, on high heat. When the oil just starts to smoke, add your sliced chicken.
Stir fry the chicken until it is cooked through, being careful not to over-cook.
This should take roughly 3-5 minutes depending on the size of your chicken pieces, and pan temperature.
Transfer your chicken to a bowl to rest while you cook the vegetables.
Add the sliced onion, red pepper, and carrots to the hot pan.
Stir fry the vegetables until they begin to brown, roughly 2 minutes.
Add your chicken back into the pan, and stir to combine.
Add the sauce mixture to the pan, and stir to coat.
Continue stirring and cooking until the sauce begins to caramelize the chicken and vegetables, approximately 2 minutes.
Push the chicken and vegetables to the side of the pan, and add the Ramen noodles. My skillet is large, so I was able to fit 3 packages of Ramen noodles by tucking some under the other ingredients. Be sure to discard the flavor packet that comes with the noodles, it is not needed for this recipe.
Add 2 cups of water to your skillet. Let the noodles cook until soft, roughly 2-3 minutes.
Pile the chicken and vegetables on top of the Ramen to help seal the heat in, and cook the noodles quickly.
As the noodles soften, use tongs to mix them into the chicken and vegetables.
Add the sliced cabbage and continue mixing all of the ingredients with your tongs.
Once the cabbage has softened, and the sauce has coated all of the ingredients, the Chicken Ramen Stir Fry is read to serve.
Garnish the prepared noodles with sliced green onions, and serve.
You cannot beat the flavors of this Chicken Ramen Stir Fry! Even kids love it, and they don’t mind the vegetables either. We will definitely be having this again within the week!
Chicken Ramen Stir Fry
Chicken, Vegetables, Noodles
- 3 packages Ramen Noodles, dry ,discard flavor packet
- 2 cups Water
- 1-2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3-4 medium Chicken Breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Matchstick Cut Carrots
- 1 medium Red Bell Pepper
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, sliced
- 2 cups Sliced Cabbage
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2-3 stalks Green Onion, thinly sliced
Preparing the Ingredients
- Slice onions, red bell pepper, and cabbage. Matchstick cut the carrots, mince the garlic, and thinly slice the chicken breasts.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients, and set aside.
Cooking the Chicken, Vegetables, and Ramen Noodles
- Heat 1-2 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add sliced chicken, and cook until all pieces are no longer pink, roughly 3-5 minutes. Transfer chicken into a bowl and set aside.
- Place prepared onions, carrots, and red pepper in to the hot pan. Stir fry until vegetables start to brown slightly, and crisp.
- Add the chicken back into the pan with the vegetables, stir to combine.
- Pour the sauce mixture into the pan, and stir together until chicken and vegetables are well coated.
- Continue cooking for approximatley 2 minutes until the ingredients begin to caramelize.
- Push chicken and vegetables to the side of the pan, and add the dry Ramen noodles. Fitting 3 packs may be a bit tricky, pile the chicken and vegetables on top of the dry noodles to ensure there is enough room.
- Pour 2 cups of water into the pan, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip the Ramen noodles over halfway through so they cook evenly in the sauce.
- As the Ramen noodles begin to soften, start to work them through the chicken and vegetables with tongs.
- Add the sliced cabbage, and continue working all the ingredients with tongs, until combined. This may take a few minutes.
- Garnish with sliced green onions.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?