Looking for an easy weeknight dinner with minimal prep time? This Chicken Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner is perfect for a busy winter evening! It is filled with healthy roasted root vegetables and filling protein. This is also a 1-pan meal, so your sink won’t be too full afterwards either!
You can really customize this meal with any ingredients you like, or whatever you have on hand. Roasted carrots, new potatoes, and garlic are favorites of mine. Peppers also taste amazing with the Italian style Chicken Sausage.
The seasonings are simple, and you can be generous so you have lots of flavor. Just Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, Oregano, and Basil provide the extra depth of flavor to the roasted root vegetables and sausage. Sometimes I even like to add half a packet of dry Italian dressing seasoning if I have that in my pantry.
To begin, preheat your oven to 400 degrees, and grease a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
Next, simply chop the onion, potatoes, and peppers into roughly equal size pieces. I cut my potatoes into eighths. Place prepared ingredients into a large bowl. Add the baby carrots, and diced garlic.
Drizzle 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil into the bowl. Add the seasonings, and toss to coat.
Arrange the vegetables on the prepared baking sheet, ensuring the mixing bowl has been scraped clean of oil and seasoning.
Slice the chicken sausage, and arrange the pieces on your baking sheet with the vegetables in a single layer.
Roast for 30 minutes, flipping all the pieces of vegetables and sausage after the first 15 minutes of cook time. When there are 3 minutes remaining, turn the broiler on low and let the sausage and potatoes begin to crisp. Remove from the oven.
Garnish your Chicken Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner with chopped parsley. Serve by itself, or with warm crusty bread and butter.
*If you decide to substitute other vegetables, such as broccoli or asparagus, the cook time is much shorter. So just be sure to add them to the pan halfway through the total cook time so they don’t burn. I have also used Andouille style sausage or Korean Barbecue flavor sausage and had amazing results.
Chicken Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pkg Chicken Sausage (links or Andouille style), sliced
- 8oz Baby Carrots
- 2.5 lbs Red Skin Potatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 medium Sweet Yellow Onion, chopped , such as Vidalia
- 3 cloves Garlic, diced
- 1 Red or Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- 1.5 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 3/4 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Dried Basil
- Chopped Parsley to Garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Chop Potatoes, Peppers, Onions and place in a large bowl. Add carrots, and diced garlic cloves.
- Add Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, dried Oregano and Basil. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, toss to coat in bowl.
- Transfer vegetables to prepared baking sheet. Slice chicken sausage, and arrange sausage and vegetables in a single layer on the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping vegetables and sausage on the pan after the first 15 minutes. Turn broiler on low when there are 3 minutes remaining. Allow the potatoes to crisp, and turn a light golden brown. Remove pan from the oven.
- Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve, and Enjoy!
Like this recipe? Try my easy, and healthy Salmon recipe!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
I have had this recipe made by Becky, it is so wonderful, one of my favorites.