It’s that time of year again! My garden is bursting with Zucchini faster than we can eat it. I am pretty much the only one in my house who enjoys zucchini as it is. I like it in stir fry, roasted, or even made crispy as a side dish. However, my hubs and kiddos will eat a loaf of this delicious Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread in less than a day whenever I make it! It has to because the addition of cinnamon, nutmeg, and chocolate make this feel more like dessert than anything. It is also wonderful as a quick breakfast option for busy mornings.
This recipe always results in a moist, sweet, and flavorful Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread. All you need to do is finely grate the zucchini using a box grater or food processor, and you are well on your way to a loaf of this amazing bread. The rest of the ingredients are common pantry staples, and all you need is a couple of bowls and whisk to bring it all together.
Preparing the Batter
To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and grease an 8×4 or 9×5 loaf pan. Finely shred your zucchini using a box grater or food processor. If you see a puddle of water forming under the shreds, go ahead and lightly blot with a paper towel.
Next, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, kosher salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and chocolate chips until combined. Adding the chocolate chips at this step, helps prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the loaf during baking!
In a separate bowl, whisk the oil, sugars, egg, vanilla, and zucchini until incorporated.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently whisk until just combined. Do not overwork the batter!
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes.
Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the loaf. It should come out mostly clean, with no raw batter. Continue checking every 5 minutes until desired doneness is achieved. My loaf took 60 minutes!
Allow the loaf to cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 15 minutes, then carefully transfer the warm loaf to the rack to finish cooling completely before slicing.
Enjoy anytime – for dessert, a snack, or even for breakfast!
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- 1 1/4 cup Shredded Zucchini (about 1 medium Zucchini) (blot shreds if very watery after shredding)
- 1 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 large Egg (at room temperature)
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (or chopped nuts)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. 8×5 or 9×4 work well for this recipe.Finely shred the zucchini using a box grater or food processor.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and chocolate chips together in a large bowl until well incorporated.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the oil, sugars, egg, vanilla, and zucchini until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and gently whisk until just combined.
- Spread the batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean (no raw batter). Place the zucchini bread in the baking pan on a wire rack to cool. Let sit for 15 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
Like this recipe? Try my Everyday Banana Bread for another delicious way to use up your extra produce!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?