Who doesn’t love a savory, crispy chicken sandwich? This Copycat Chick-Fil-A Chicken Sandwiches recipe tastes about as close to the actual restaurant as you can get! I make these for my family at least once a month, and sometimes even more often! The kids love them, and they make the perfect meal with our always busy schedule. The whole recipe comes together in about 30 minutes, and costs about a third to half of what it would to hit the drive-thru. Not to mention, everything stays fresh right from the kitchen – No cold fries here!
Choosing the right ingredients and perfecting the sauce makes all the difference. I could go on and on about some of the amazing products at Aldi, I bought my primary ingredients from there and the quality is top-notch. The two most important ingredients to build the perfect Copycat Chick-Fil-A Chicken Sandwich are good quality buns and breaded chicken breast fillets.
The Aldi Brioche Buns are about $3.50 for a 6-pack, and well worth every penny. They really add to the restaurant-quality sandwich vibe.
The Kirkwood Chicken Breast Fillets from Aldi are also excellent. They are savory, crispy, and tender, which makes them perfect for this sandwich recipe. I cook them up for about 20-25 minutes in my Air Fryer at 375 degrees are they come out perfectly crisp every time.
*Look for another post on all my favorite Aldi products, coming soon!
The Signature Sauce
We are big fans of Chick-Fil-A’s signature sauce, so it is a close third place ingredient in this Copycat Chicken Sandwich Recipe. There is always some sauce left over too, and we love to use it up with chicken nuggets for another quick meal!
To begin, you need to get the sauce taken care of first. Whisk together Mayonnaise, Mustard, Honey, Barbecue Sauce, and Lemon Juice.
Once a consistent texture has been reached, refrigerate the sauce while you make the rest of the ingredients. The sauce will have a thin texture unless refrigerated.
Place the frozen Chicken Fillets into your Air Fryer or oven, and cook according to package instructions. In my Air Fryer, these cooked at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
Toast your buns on a skillet or griddle until they are golden brown.
Next, slice up some leaves of Romaine or Iceberg lettuce to about the size of your palm. Slice some tomatoes, if desired. Pickle chips are also part of the deluxe sandwich, if you like those, have them handy. Grab some American Cheese and the buns, and you are ready for assembly.
Assembling the Copycat Chick-Fil-A Chicken Sandwiches
Now it is time for the best part, building the sandwiches! Don’t forget to remove your sauce from fridge.
Start assembling by placing the Chicken Patty on the bottom bun, then the cheese. Spread your desired amount of Chick-Fil-A sauce on the top bun. Top with pickles, tomatoes, and lettuce and put the sandwich together.
Serve your Copycat Chick-Fil-A Chicken Sandwiches hot, with crispy waffle fries for the full restaurant effect.
Copycat Chick-Fil-A Chicken Sandwiches
The Signature Sauce
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Barbecue Sauce Famous Dave's brand worked well
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice fresh
- 6 Breaded Chicken Breast Fillets
- 6 slices American Cheese
- 6 Brioche Hamburger Buns
- 6 leaves Romaine or Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 sliced Tomato
- Dill Pickle Chips
- 1 bag Ore-Ida Waffle Fries
The Signature Sauce
- Whisk together all of the sauce ingredients, and refrigerate for about 30 minutes while you make the chicken fillets and fries.
The Chicken and Fries
- Cook the Breaded Chicken Breast Fillets according to the package instructions. We have an Air Fryer, so I cooked them in there at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes, flipping once half way through.
- Cook the Waffle Fries according to package instructions. To get crispier fries, use the convection feature on your oven if you have it. Turn fries halfway to ensure they cook evenly. If preferred, season with a sprinkle of Kosher Salt once they come out of the oven.
- Toast the Brioche Buns on a warm skillet or griddle on low-medium heat until just golden.
Assembling the Sandwiches
- Remove sauce from fridge. Spread about 1 teaspoon (or as much as you prefer) of the Chick-Fil-A sauce onto the underside of the top bun.
- Place cooked chicken patty on bottom bun. Next, place a slice of American cheese on top of the chicken.
- Add pickle chips, tomato and lettuce slice, as preferred, and put sandwich together.
- Serve hot with crispy Waffle Fries for the full restaraunt effect!
Like this recipe? Check out some of my other blog posts for more kitchen inspiration:
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- The Best Tiramisu
- Broiled Asian Salmon
- Artisan Pizza Dough
- Easy Vanilla Cake with Buttercream Frosting
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?