It is officially dip season! My slow cooker is working over-time, but we can’t get enough of this Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip! It is super simple to make, and turns out perfectly every time. The creamy, spicy combination will satisfy your hankering for buffalo wings with less mess and more than enough for a crowd!
The great thing about this recipe is how versatile it can be in regards to cooking method. You can use your oven and a casserole dish, a slow cooker, or an instant pot. I chose to use my Instant Pot this time, since I was able to cook the chicken and the dip all in one pot rather quickly and with minimal dishes. Win win!
You need 2 cups of shredded chicken for this Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe. This can be pre-shredded from the grocery store, leftover rotisserie chicken, or you can cook the chicken breasts in the instant pot or slow cooker depending on your preference and time frame.
- For your Instant Pot, cook chicken breasts and 1/2 cup chicken broth on high pressure for 10-12 minutes, with a 5 minute natural release. Shred chicken with 2 forks or an electric mixer.
- For slow cooker, cook chicken breasts on low heat for 6 hours, or high heat for 2-3 hours. Shred chicken with 2 forks or an electric mixer, and add back to the slow cooker.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip: Sauce
All you need to do is stir together the softened cream cheese, hot sauces, seasonings, cheese, and dressing.
Stir in the prepared shredded chicken, and bingo! You can finish this in the oven, instant pot, or slow cooker! See the recipe card below for more instructions on cooking methods.
Just heat the dip until it is warmed throughout and bubbly.
Serve this dip warm with your favorite crackers, tortilla chips, and some sliced celery.
It truly is comfort food on a crisp, fall day. Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip is warm, spicy, creamy, and always comes together with minimal effort.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 cups Shredded Chicken
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Hot Sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot Original)
- 5 dashes Tabasco Sauce
- 1/2 cup Prepared Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Lowry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Cook and shred 2 chicken breasts, using desired method*. Ensure 2 cups cooked shredded chicken.
- Mix together the hot sauces, softened cream cheese, cheese, dressing, and seasonings. Stir in the prepared shredded chicken. *Add the mixture to a casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 or until bubbly and heated through. See below for alternative cooking methods.
- Serve with tortilla chips, celery sticks, or crackers.
- For Instant Pot, cook chicken breasts and 1/2 cup chicken broth on high pressure for 10-12 minutes, with a 5 minute natural release. Shred chicken with 2 forks or an electric mixer. Mix the other ingredients and add to instant pot, cooking on “saute” low until the cheese is melted, the ingredients are all incorporated, and the dip is bubbly.
- For slow cooker, cook chicken breasts on low heat for 6 hours, or high heat for 2-3 hours. Shred chicken with 2 forks or an electric mixer, and add back to the slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on high for 1-2 more hours, or low for 2-3 more hours, stirring occasionally.
Like this recipe? Try my Game Day Chicken Queso Dip next!
- Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Fluffy Scrambled Eggs
- Crispy Roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Easy Halloween Bark
- The Best Chicken Marsala
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?