If you’re looking for a new brunch recipe, my Easy Belgian Waffles are super delicious, made from scratch, and can be on the table from start to finish in about 30 minutes! We usually eat them with fresh strawberries and whip cream, but you can also go with a classic butter and syrup combo. Your whole family is sure to love these perfect waffles. They are just the right combination of crisp, sweet, and soft. We just can’t get enough of them!
The ingredients are simple, pantry staples. No running to the store on a cozy weekend morning!
To begin, preheat your oven to 200 degrees. Then, melt 1/2 stick butter over low heat. Set aside to cool.
Depending on your waffle iron, now might be a good time to get it out and plugged in, possibly even start preheating it. I usually wait to preheat mine until my batter is almost ready since it heats up pretty quickly!
Sift together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and kosher salt in a large mixing bowl.
The sifted dry ingredients will look fairly plain, but we will add wet ingredients in the next step!
Whisk in your milk and vanilla extract. I usually add my vanilla to my milk and stir them together before adding to the batter, but adding them separately works well too!
Stir until incorporated, a simple batter will start to form.
Next, add in the 2 eggs, and melted butter from earlier.
Whisk until all the ingredients are incorporated. The batter texture will be fairly smooth and thin.
Add the batter to your waffle iron by about 1/3-1/2 cup, depending on the size of your appliance. My batter started to run a bit thanks to the delay from my photo op!
Close the lid, and cook for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown.
Transfer prepared waffles onto a baking sheet, and place in your warm oven to keep the waffles crisp and fresh until the rest of the batch is finished cooking.
Pro Tip: For crisper waffles, be sure to have your waffle iron on medium-high. Spray hot iron with cooking spray, and place waffles in a single layer on baking sheets in the oven once they are done cooking. If you do stack them, they tend to be softer (which we do not mind at all at our house).
This recipe typically makes about 8 standard, round waffles.
Serve your Easy Belgian Waffles with fresh strawberries and whip cream, or with butter and syrup. You can really customize them with any toppings you like!
Easy Belgian Waffles
- Waffle Iron
- 2 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 cups Milk
- 4 Tbsp Butter, melted (cooled slightly) = 1/2 stick
- Maple Syrup
- Whip Cream
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Sift the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Stir milk and vanilla together in a liquid measuring cup. Add the milk and vanilla mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Add the eggs and slightly cooled butter and whisk again until incorparated. The batter will look fairly smooth.
- Preheat waffle iron on medium-high heat. Add batter to waffle iron roughly 1/2 cup at a time. Close the lid and cook until golden brown, roughly 4-6 minutes (per waffle). Transfer the waffles to a baking sheet, and place in the warm oven as you cook the rest of the batch. This recipe makes roughly 8 standard, round waffles.
- Serve waffles with your favorite toppings such as butter and syrup, or whip cream and strawberries. Enjoy!
Like this recipe? Try my Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins for your next weekend at home!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?