Banana Bread is something we could eat every day at our house. We pretty much always have bananas on our kitchen counter, and the other ingredients are common pantry staples. Hence the name, “Everyday Banana Bread”! This recipe is genuinely no-fail, resulting in perfectly moist, sweet, and delicious Banana Bread every time! You can mix the eight simple ingredients together using just a bowl and wooden spoon, if that’s what you have on hand. This recipe is so simple to make, and it couldn’t be more delicious!
I’m fairly certain my daughters intentionally ignore our weekly fresh bananas so I will have to make them a loaf of banana bread whenever our fruit gets over-ripened. The girls just can’t get enough of this sweet treat! It is best served slightly warm with butter, but we often enjoy it plain too, usually as we run out the door to school or work.
The ingredients really are so simple, and very common! Very ripe bananas are essential, for their wonderful flavor, and easy mashing.
Making the Batter
To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and melt your butter in a small sauce pan over low heat. Grease a standard 8×4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
Beat 1 egg in a small bowl, and set aside.
Add your ripe bananas to a large bowl. Mash them until smooth using a fork. I like to use my stand mixer to save time and energy! I just use my whisk attachment, and beat the bananas over medium speed until they are well mashed and smooth.
Whichever method you choose, the bananas should be well mashed so they mix well with the other ingredients.
Stir in the melted butter.
Add the sugar, vanilla, salt, baking powder, and the one beaten egg from earlier.
The batter should be fairly thin and wet at this point.
Stir in the flour, until well incorporated.
The batter will have a thicker consistency now, and lumps are completely normal!
Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan.
Bake for 50-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. My loaf took about 55 minutes. Be sure to set a timer for 50 minutes and do your first check for done-ness. If needed, keep checking the bread every 3-5 minutes until your toothpick comes out clean.
Once done baking, let the bread cool for 5-10 minutes in the loaf pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Turning the loaf out of the warm pan onto a rack keeps the bottom and sides of our slices from over-cooking. It results in beautiful, evenly cooked slices, as shown below:
Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Beautiful, Everyday Banana Bread
Everyday Banana Bready
- 1 8×4 loaf pan
- 3 medium Very Ripe Bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup Melted Butter (=5 1/3 Tbsp)
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 large Egg, beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- pinch Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- Chopped Pecans or Walnuts, or Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease an 8×4 inch loaf pan. Melt butter over low heat, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas with a fork (or the whisk attachment of a stand mixer) until smooth.
- Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas. Add in the granulated sugar, salt, baking soda, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and egg, and stir until well incorporated.
- Mix in the flour until batter has a uniform consistency. Don't worry if there are lumps, they are totally normal!
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared loaf pan.Bake for 50-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once baked, let cool in pan for 5-10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
Like this recipe? Check out my Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins:
- Easy Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Sicilian Scampi
- Easy Jambalaya Recipe
- Molten Chocolate Cakes
- Copycat Applebee’s Chicken Wonton Tacos
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Our all time favorite recipe!💓😋
So yummy! Glad you love it!