Creamy, crunchy French Onion Chicken Noodle Casserole will be your family’s new favorite meal! This dinner recipe is so easy to make and very family friendly, but has the richness and flavor to suit any occasion. The noodles are bathed in creamy, cheesy sauce, chicken, and topped with lots of crunchy French Fried Onions.
This recipe ideally uses shredded rotisserie chicken, but any leftover shredded chicken, or even canned chicken will do just fine. I like to use “Heluva Good” French Onion Chip Dip because it comes in the 12 ounce size and always adds amazing flavor to the casserole. You can have this dish in the oven in about 10 minutes, and then you have a plentiful casserole ready to feed hungry kids and adults in less than an hour. This dish is truly comfort food at its finest!
Preparing the Casserole
To begin, cook the egg noodles according to the package instructions. Be careful not to overcook! The noodles will be too soft and fall apart after baking in the casserole. Stick to the lower end of the cooking time range listed on the package. Next, shred the chicken until you have 4 cups of cooked chicken pieces.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Stir the cream of chicken soup, shredded chicken, shredded cheese, french onion dip, and salt and pepper.
Gently fold in the cooked egg noodles.
Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
Next, top with crushed french fried onions. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove foil and continue baking for 10 minutes until heated through. The end result is a savory, bubbly casserole, bursting with delicious flavor and amazing texture.
This dish is one of our favorite family dinners! We just can’t get enough of the delicious chicken and french onion flavor paired with the creamy sauce and crunchy onions.
Pair this delicious French Onion Chicken Noodle Casserole with a side of seasonal vegetables or a beautiful salad for a complete meal.
French Onion Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 4 cups Shredded Rotisserie Chicken (skin removed)
- 1 22oz can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 12oz *French Onion Flavored Chip Dip (sour cream based)
- 1 12oz bag Egg Noodles
- 1 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup French Fried Onions, lightly crushed
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
- Cook Egg Noodles according to package instructions. Be sure not to overcook. Shred the rotisserie chicken until approximately 4 cups total yield.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and lightly spray a 9×13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Stir the cream of chicken soup, shredded chicken, shredded cheese, french onion dip, and salt and pepper. Gently fold in the cooked egg noodles.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish, and top with crushed french fried onions.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for 10 minutes until heated through.
- Easy Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Sicilian Scampi
- Easy Jambalaya Recipe
- Molten Chocolate Cakes
- Copycat Applebee’s Chicken Wonton Tacos
Like this recipe? Try my Easy Shrimp Alfredo for your next dinner recipe!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?