There is something so irresistible about chocolate covered strawberries. With Valentines Day just around the corner, this easy treat is perfect for your special someone. The sweet taste of fresh strawberries coated in rich chocolate tastes too good to be true. In just a few simple steps, with a few simple ingredients, you can have Gourmet Chocolate Covered Strawberries in less than 1 hour!
The most important ingredient you can buy is good quality strawberries. I usually buy 20oz (2 packages) of these WOW “dreamberry” brand strawberries and it makes all the difference. If you can’t find them, just try to buy organic deep red colored strawberries. Another way to tell if the strawberries will be flavorful, is to give them a sniff before buying. Flavorful strawberries will have a sweet, fragrant scent.
Simply rinse your strawberries and pat them dry before dipping.
Line a large baking sheet with wax paper before moving on.
Next, melt semi-sweet and milk-chocolate morsels over very low heat.
Stir continuously while the chocolate is melting, being careful not to let it over-cook.
Once the chocolate is completely melted, and has a smooth consistency, turn the burner off.
Gently dip the strawberries individually into the chocolate, rolling to get the chocolate on the back and up toward the top of the strawberry.
Place the chocolate dipped strawberries onto the baking sheet lined with wax paper.
Once all of the strawberries are dipped, place the baking sheet level in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
Remove the chilled strawberries from the fridge. Melt 4oz Almond Bark and transfer to a squeeze bottle and make a stripe design over each berry. If you don’t have a squeeze bottle, simply drizzle the melted almond bark with the pointed edge of a spoon over the strawberries.
Once finished, return the pan to the fridge for 10 more minutes.
The Gourmet Chocolate Covered Strawberries are finished! Serve immediately, or keep refrigerated for up to 2 days. To gift wrap, you can place strawberries in decorative cupcake liners and put in a special box or container.
Gourmet Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 20 oz Fresh Ripe Strawberries , rinsed
- 12 oz Semi-sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 6 oz Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 4 oz Almond Bark
- Rinse and pat dry the strawberries. Line a large baking sheet with wax paper.
- Melt both types of chocolate morsels over very low heat in a medium sauce pan. Stir continuously until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Turn the heat off but keep the pan on the burner.
- Pick up the strawberries 1 at a time, evenly dip and roll them in the melted chocolate. Place chocolate dipped strawberries on wax paper. Occasionally stir the melted chocolate to keep it from stiffening.
- Once all of the strawberries have been coated in melted chocolate, place the baking sheet level in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove strawberries from fridge. Melt the almond bark over low heat. Once melted, add to a squeeze bottle or use the pointed edge of a spoon to drizzle over the cooled strawberries. Put the baking sheet back in the fridge for about 10 more minutes.
- The strawberries are ready to serve and enjoy! Wrap them individually in cupcake liners, or keep them refrigerated until ready to serve. Strawberries stay fresh for 1-2 days in fridge.
Like this recipe? Try my Very Best M&M Cookies!
- Easy Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Sicilian Scampi
- Easy Jambalaya Recipe
- Molten Chocolate Cakes
- Copycat Applebee’s Chicken Wonton Tacos
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?