This Tasty Ham and Cheddar Quiche recipe comes together in less than 10 minutes! With minimal prep time, it is perfect for a busy morning! I like to make this quiche if I wake up before the girls, that way it is nearly ready when they come running in the kitchen to ask for breakfast. I can even start laundry, do dishes, or get some light cleaning done while it bakes. But, to be honest, I usually just sip my coffee and curl up on the couch, haha!
When making quiche, I typically buy the premade pie crusts to save some time and get it in the oven quickly. They only require about 10 minutes to soften, and the Aldi brand tastes great and is fairly inexpensive too!
When I made this Tasty Ham and Cheddar quiche, I had some thin-sliced deli ham, and I chopped it into small pieces. You can use leftover ham from a holiday meal, or whatever you have on hand. I almost always have the ingredients in my fridge to throw a quick quiche together.
Ground mustard is an excellent addition in this recipe. It really helps amp up the flavor of the eggs and cheese. I love using freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese, as it it melts so much easier and makes the texture creamier.
To begin, preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Soften the pie crust for approximately 10 minutes before stretching it into the your greased pie plate.
Beat the 5 eggs until the yolks break and they have a consistent texture. Pour in 3/4 cup milk, and whisk to combine.
Add Salt, Pepper, and Ground Mustard, and whisk until seasonings become thoroughly incorporated.
Stir in sliced ham, green onions, and shredded sharp cheddar cheese, until combined.
Pour the egg mixture into your pie crust, being careful to go slowly. Stir the egg mixture while in the pie plate, ensuring the ham, cheese, and green onions evenly disperse throughout. This helps each slice of your Ham and Cheddar Quiche have the same amount of each ingredient.
Use your fingers to pinch the crust into a crimped “petal” design. Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of cheese on top of the egg mixture prior to baking. That’s it, the quiche is ready for the oven!
Bake at 375 degrees for about 40 minutes, or until eggs set.
Let the quiche cool for a few minutes, then you are ready to slice and enjoy!
Tasty Ham and Cheddar Quiche
- 5 medium Eggs
- 1 cup Sliced/Diced Ham
- 1 1/4 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 3/4 cup Vitamin D Milk
- 2-3 stalks Green Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Ground Mustard
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Remove Pie Crust from Refrigerator, and let soften on counter for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and lightly grease a pie plate with cooking spray.
- Spread your pie crust into the prepared pie plate, being careful not to tear the dough.
- Beat 5 eggs with a whisk until the yolks break, and continue whisking until the eggs have a consistent texture. Whisk in 3/4 cup milk. Add Salt, Pepper, and Ground mustard, whisking to combine.
- Stir in the sharp cheddar cheese (reserving 1/4 cup), ham, and green onions.
- Pour the egg mixture into your prepared pie plate. Give the mixture a stir within the pie plate to ensure the ham, cheese, and green onions are evenly dispersed throughout.
- Gently sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup cheese on top prior to baking.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then slice and enjoy!
Like this recipe? Check out some of my other favorites while you are here:
- Easy Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Sicilian Scampi
- Easy Jambalaya Recipe
- Molten Chocolate Cakes
- Copycat Applebee’s Chicken Wonton Tacos
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?