Over the many years I waited tables at Olive Garden, I developed a taste for several of the different meals made there. This Perfect Chicken Alfredo Pizza is very similar to the one they used to serve. It has been discontinued from their menu, but my recipe definitely brings back all those fond and flavorful memories.
At our house, Fettuccine Alfredo is one of our favorite treat meals, so pairing the sauce with pizza takes things to the next level! You are going to love the cheesy, garlic filled goodness that is this recipe. Try not to let the richness of the ingredients deter you. This recipe is perfect for when you’re entertaining friends, or a weekend at home with the family.
Preparing the Ingredients
You will need to prepare a few ingredients before getting started, such as thawing the frozen pizza dough (or you can make your own if you have the time). Being a full-time working mom, frozen Tiseo’s pizza dough is our go-to. They are only about $1.99 each, and taste restaurant-quality. We just pop them in the fridge the day before we want to use them, or thaw on the counter for about 4 hours prior to baking.
Next, you will need to butterfly 1 medium chicken breast, and season both sides with salt and pepper. Grill the breast or saute in a pan, let it cool, and slice. For another shortcut, you can also buy the chicken pre-made. Don’t forget to slice your green onions at some point too!
Once you’ve gathered all your ingredients, preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
Preparing the Alfredo Sauce
This Alfredo Sauce recipe will show up again and again in my posts. I often prepare it by itself with pasta, or as the base for my Perfect Tomato Cream Sauce.(https://beckysrecipebox.com/perfect-tomato-cream-sauce/)
This recipe is a copycat version of the Olive Garden Alfredo sauce, one of my all time favorites. It has plenty of black pepper and garlic, so there is no shortage of flavor here.
To begin, melt 1 stick of butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in 1 Tbsp flour, and cook for about a minute.
Gradually whisk in the heavy cream, cooking for 2-3 minutes to let the sauce combine and thicken. Add the kosher salt, black pepper, and granulated garlic.
Now that the sauce is forming, reduce the heat to low, and add the grated Parmesan cheese. Continue whisking until all the cheese has melted.
Remove the pan from the heat. This is perfect Alfredo sauce for pasta right here. But today, we are doing Pizza!
Spoon half of the sauce into a bowl and set aside in a warm place. That is going to be our dipping sauce later!
Add cayenne pepper to the remaining sauce in the pan, and whisk to combine.
Assembling the Perfect Chicken Alfredo Pizza
Lightly spray a large pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray. Using your hands, evenly work and spread the dough onto the pan, to a diameter of approximately 14 inches. Evenly spread the sauce with a spoon onto the prepared pizza dough.
Layer onto the pizza about 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Top with sliced grilled chicken.
Bake at 450 degrees for approximately 11-12 minutes. Check halfway through for air bubbles in the crust, pop with a fork if needed.
Optional: While the pizza bakes, melt 1/2 Tbsp butter and stir together with 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder.
Brush the Garlic Butter mixture onto the crust of the hot pizza.
Serve with reserved Alfredo sauce from earlier, for dipping. Slice, and enjoy!
Perfect Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- 1 Thawed Package Frozen Pizza Dough (Ball) , Tiseo's if you can find it (or homemade pizza dough)
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 medium Grilled Chicken Breast, sliced
- 1 stick Salted Butter
- 1 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Heavy Cream or Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2/3 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp Granulated Garlic (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 sliced Green Onions
- Thaw frozen pizza dough according to package instructions. Grill 1 medium chicken breast (butterflied, and seasoned with salt and pepper on both sides), and slice. Slice green onions.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly spray a large pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray. Evenly spread pizza dough onto pizza pan, roughly 14 inches diameter.
Making the Alfredo Sauce
- Melt 1 stick butter in large sauce pan over medium-low heat. Add 1 Tbsp of Flour and whisk until well incorporated, cooking for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the heavy cream, letting the sauce form and slightly thicken, about 2 minutes. Add the granulated garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in the grated Parmesan cheese. Once cheese has melted, remove the Alfredo sauce from the burner.
Assembling the Pizza
- Spoon half of the sauce into a bowl and set aside in a warm place. With the remaining sauce, add 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper and whisk. Spread this spicier Alfredo sauce onto the prepared pizza dough.
- Top with shredded Mozzarella cheese, then top with the sliced grilled chicken.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 11-12 minutes. Check half way through baking and pop any air bubbles in the crust with fork.
- While the pizza bakes, melt 1/2 Tbsp butter and stir it together with 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
- After removing the pizza from the oven, brush the crust with the garlic butter mixture. Slice into 8 pieces, and serve with the reserved Alfredo dipping sauce from earlier. Enjoy!
Like this recipe? Try my Cheesy Sausage Rigatoni for your next restaurant-quality Italian recipe!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?