Looking for a quick, healthy weeknight dinner? This Simple Baked Lemon Pepper Salmon recipe will be one of your weekly “go-to’s”! It takes less than 20 minutes to make, and is about as simple as you can get, while still tasting like a restaurant-quality entree! All you need is a few salmon fillets, olive oil, kosher salt, and lemon pepper seasoning. I love to serve this dish with steamed broccoli, bruschetta, or baked potatoes.
My taste for salmon only developed in the past ten years or so, I tried it at a wedding once, and realized I actually really liked it! The health benefits, and ease of preparation make it that much more appealing for my weekly meal planning. Most weeks, my oldest daughter eats a whole salmon fillet by herself!
I personally love the Costco Kirkland brand Salmon fillets. They last for a long time in the freezer and thaw really quickly in cold water. They cook perfectly every time, and the quality is amazing! I make this Simple Baked Lemon Pepper Salmon recipe on busy weeknights, which allows me to get a healthy and fresh dinner on the table, even after a long day’s work.
Thaw 3-4 salmon fillets in cold water for 20-30 minutes, if needed.
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, and lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Position the salmon fillets (striated side up) a couple of inches apart, being sure not to crowd the pan.
Drizzle the salmon fillets with a few drops of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and use your fingers to rub the oil evenly across the surface.
Next, evenly season the fillets with Lemon Pepper seasoning (approximately 2 teaspoons total).
Bake at 375 degrees for 14-15 minutes, until fish is light pink with white spots, approximately 145 degrees internal temperature.
Serve warm with fresh lemon. This salmon recipe pairs well with roasted or baked potatoes, steamed broccoli, or fresh bruschetta. You, and your family will love this meal!
Simple Baked Lemon Pepper Salmon
- 3-4 Salmon Fillets, fresh or frozen
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 3-4 sprigs Fresh Parsley
- Thaw 3-4 salmon fillets in cold water for 20-30 minutes, if needed.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly coat a small baking sheet with cooking spray, and place the salmon fillets a couple of inches apart (with the striated side of the salmon facing up).
- Drizzle a few drops of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the top of each piece of salmon. Rub the oil onto the surface so it is evenly dispersed across the surface of the fillets.
- Season the top of each fillet with kosher salt, just a pinch or two (about 1 tsp total to season all fillets).
- Sprinkle Lemon Pepper seasoning on the top each piece of fish, should be slightly more coverage than the salt (about 2 tsp total for all the fillets)
- Bake the salmon (uncovered) for 14-15 minutes until cooked through (about 145 degrees internal temperature).
- Serve warm with roasted potatoes, steamed broccoli, or fresh bruschetta.
Like this recipe? Try my Garden Fresh Bruschetta for another healthy recipe creation!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?