This Spicy Cheeseburger Queso Dip will be the perfect dish for your next game day party or tailgate! It is so warm, hearty, and flavorful, and can definitely feed a crowd! With just a few simple ingredients, you’ve got amazing queso that can be prepared on the stove top, in a slow cooker, or over a campfire.
The main ingredients are:
- Ground beef and hot ground sausage
- Green Chilies
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Shredded White Cheese (I use Chihuahua brand Quesadilla shreds)
- Yellow Onion, diced
To begin, crumble and brown the ground beef and hot ground sausage with the diced yellow onion.
Once totally browned, drain the fat from the meat. Add the chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper and stir to combine.
From here, you can cook the Spicy Cheeseburger Queso Dip in a slow cooker, on the stove top, or over a campfire. I chose the slow cooker method, as we were on the road. It turns out perfectly regardless of the method you choose.
For the slow cooker, cook over low heat for 4 hours, or on high for about 2 hours. Stir a few times to help the cheese melt.
Regardless of the cooking method, you will know it is ready once all of the cheese is melted and the ingredients are well incorporated.
Serve warm with tortilla chips. Your friends and family will keep coming back for more!
Spicy Cheeseburger Queso Dip
- 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 lb Hot Ground Sausage
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 lb Velveeta, cubed
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 4oz can Diced Green Chilies
- 1 cup Shredded Chihuahua Quesadilla Cheese
- 1/2 10 oz can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- In a large pot, crumble ground beef, hot sausage, and the diced onion over medium-high heat until completely browned. Drain the fatty liquid from the meat. Season chili powder, ground cumin, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Over low heat, add the meat back into the pot, and stir in the Rotel, canned chilies, and cream of mushroom soup. Add in the shredded cheese and the cubed Velveeta. Stir until combined and all of the cheese has melted – approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm, with chips!
- Easy Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Sicilian Scampi
- Easy Jambalaya Recipe
- Molten Chocolate Cakes
- Copycat Applebee’s Chicken Wonton Tacos
Like this recipe? Try my Game Day Chicken Queso Dip next!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?