Awhile back, I decided to start doing the majority of my baking from scratch. At some point, I found and tweaked this recipe for The Best Fudgy Brownies. I have never looked back! I cannot bring myself to buy the boxed stuff anymore because this recipe is so quick and easy to make, and they taste absolutely amazing! The depth of flavor and fudgy richness make these my absolute go-to brownie. This recipe is oven ready in about 10 minutes, and made with common pantry staples.
All you will need is:
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, I use Hershey’s
- 1.5 sticks Salted Butter
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Kosher Salt
- Baking Powder
- Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips/Chopped Walnuts/Chopped Pecans
Making the Best Fudgy Brownies
To get started, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 inch pan. Remember to preheat to 325 degrees if you are using a non-stick pan.
Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over low heat. Whisk in the cocoa powder until well incorporated.
Next, use some elbow grease and whisk in the 2 cups of granulated sugar.
The batter will be very thick once all of the sugar has been mixed in.
Beat in the eggs one at a time until well mixed.
Whisk in the rest of the dry ingredients, until just blended.
Finally, stir in the chocolate chips..and the nuts if you like your brownies to have nuts in them. Chopped pecans or walnuts are great if that’s your kind of thing. We are mega chocolate lovers at our house, so extra chocolate chips is our preference!
Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and tap the pan on the counter two or three times to release any air bubbles.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Once the brownies have cooled, cut into 2×2 squares and serve!
The Best Fudgy Brownies are also excellent when they are served warm with some mint chocolate chip or vanilla ice cream, and hot fudge…of course!
The Best Fudgy Brownies
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 cup Salted Butter 1.5 sticks
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2-1 cup Chopped Nuts of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking pan (for non-stick preheat to 325).
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Whisk in the cocoa, until well incorporated. Remove the pan from the burner.
- Whisk in the sugar until mixed. Beat in the eggs next, one at a time.
- Finish stirring in the remaining dry ingredients until well incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips (and nuts, if desired).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Like this recipe? Try my version of The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies next!
- Easy Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Sicilian Scampi
- Easy Jambalaya Recipe
- Molten Chocolate Cakes
- Copycat Applebee’s Chicken Wonton Tacos
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
I didn’t make these but I’ve tried them – best brownies I’ve ever tasted. Glad to be Becky’s neighbor!
Aww, thank you! Brownies are the best with friends! 🙂