If you’re searching for an amazing chocolate chip cookie recipe, then look no further! I have been making these Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies for over 20 years, and they still turn out perfect every time! I love to make these cookies on a cozy weekend afternoon at home with my daughters. They are also perfect for pretty much any gathering, like birthday parties, potlucks, or for treating friends, neighbors, and coworkers. This recipe results in cookies that are always soft, and never flat! No chill time required, but you can make the dough ahead, if needed.
This post is my take on the original Nestle Tollhouse recipe, with a few tweaks:
- I like to bake the cookies at 350 degrees, so they don’t get too crispy
- I substitute Imperial Margarine, because that is what I have been using to bake these cookies for over 20 years! Hasn’t failed me yet!
- I like to use both semi-sweet chunks (or mini-chips) and regular milk chocolate morsels. We are chocolate lovers, so I love having both in my cookies!
To get started, soften 2 sticks of Margarine (or butter if you prefer) in a large mixing bowl. Preheat your oven to 350° (375° if you like crispier edges). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
Add the sugars and vanilla to the bowl with the softened margarine.
Beat together until a creamy dough starts to form.
Add the eggs and mix for about 1 minute until incorporated.
The dough will be pretty thin at this point.
Stir together flour, kosher salt, and baking soda in a separate bowl.
Slowly beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. Beat for about 30 more seconds until a smooth dough consistency forms.
Add the semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips and stir by hand to mix them throughout.
Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop the cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets. Make sure they are about 2-3 inches apart, these cookies spread!
*Protip: Press a few chocolate morsels into the top of each cookie before baking. This makes them look so pretty, just like the ones you’d get at a bakery! I just did a few here so you’d get the idea.
Bake the cookies for 9-12 minutes until the edges start to turn golden brown. Let the cookies rest on the pan for 2 minutes prior to transferring to wire racks.
Serve these Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies warm, or at room temperature with cold milk! Enjoy! 😋
The Best Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup Imperial Margarine (2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 6 oz Semi-sweet Chocolate Chunks or Mini-morsels
- 6 oz Milk Chocolate Morsels
- Soften margarine in large mixing bowl. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (or 375 degrees for crispier cookie edges), and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Stir Flour, Salt, and Baking Soda together in a separate medium bowl.
- Add sugars and vanilla to the mixing bowl with the margarine and cream together. Add in 2 eggs and mix until well incorporated. The cookie dough will be thin at this point.
- Gradually stir the flour mixture into the cookie dough, and beat until the wet and dry ingredients are combined.
- Add both types of chocolate chips and stir them in by hand until evenly mixed into the cookie dough. Scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 1 tablespoon at a time. Cookies should be 2-3 inches apart. Bake for 9-12 minutes until edges just start to turn golden brown. Let cookies cool on the pan for about 2 minutes before transferring them to wire racks.Serve, and Enjoy! Makes about 40 cookies!
Like this recipe? Try my Very Best M&M Cookies Next!
- Easy Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Sicilian Scampi
- Easy Jambalaya Recipe
- Molten Chocolate Cakes
- Copycat Applebee’s Chicken Wonton Tacos
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?