The Very Best M&M Cookies are soft, chewy, and perfectly sweet! This recipe is very easy, and great for birthday parties, gatherings, or just a special homemade treat. They turn out perfectly every time! There is nothing better than crispy M&M’s, fudgy chocolate chips, and soft cookie dough. This is my hubby’s favorite cookie recipe to date – they disappear so quickly when he and the girls are around!
The “Secret Ingredient” here that really adds amazing flavor is the (dry) Instant Vanilla Pudding. It definitely adds that special bakery flavor, and makes the cookies so soft and chewy. The Vanilla Pudding and pinch of salt make for the perfect cookie flavor combination!
To begin, Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat liners.
Cream together butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer, or large mixing bowl. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing until well incorporated.
Beat in the flour, pudding mix, baking soda, salt, and stir, until a light but firm dough forms.
Time for the best part, mix in chocolate chips and M&M’s and stir until just combined.
Using a cookie scoop, place scooped cookie dough at least 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Press a few M&M’s into the top surface of each cookie. This will give us a bakery-style presentation when the cookies have finished baking.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies set, and appear to be cooked through. Do not let the cookies brown, or they will be crunchy, not chewy like we want with this recipe. Let your cookies rest on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes before transferring to cooling racks.
These truly are the Very Best M&M Cookies, they are fabulous served slightly warm with a glass of cold milk! Or savor them slowly, and store in an air-tight container for 3-4 days. This recipe is perfect for class parties or group events because they are nut-free.
The Very Best M&M Cookies
- 1 cup Butter , softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 6 Tbsp Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix , Dry
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 cup Mini or Regular M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat liner.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and both sugars until well combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla until incorporated. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and pudding mix, stirring until dough has consistent texture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and M&M's (reserve a few M&M's to push into the top surface of each cookie).
- Scoop by small tablespoons or with a cookie scoop onto prepared baking sheets. Place dough at least 1 inch apart. Press 3-4 M&M's into the surface of each cookie prior to baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies appear cooked through. Be careful not to let them brown, or they will be too crispy. The cookies should have a somewhat pale color when removing from the oven.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 3-4 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Cookies are best served fresh within 24 hours, but will stay soft for up to 4 days in an air-tight container. Enjoy on their own, or with a glass of cold milk!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?