This recipe for Ultimate Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies is a total game changer. There is no dough chilling required, and you can mix all the ingredients together in about 10 minutes total! Thanks to the melted butter, these cookies are oven-ready in a flash. Even though this recipe is very easy to prepare, the cookies still taste like you spent hours making them. They are perfectly salty and sweet, with crisp edges and soft, fudgy centers. They really have just the right combo of flavor, texture, and visual appeal! You need to bake these cookies ASAP and have a big glass of milk ready – yum!
Ultimate Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies are my husband’s absolute favorite cookie of all time! He just can’t get enough of them. The girls definitely adore them too, but I think they love helping make them most of all.
Preparing the Cookie Dough
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, and line your baking sheets with parchment paper. Melt 2 sticks of salted butter over low heat.
Next, sift and stir together the flour, milk powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
Stir the sugars together, then pour in the melted butter and beat until just combined.
Add the egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated. Gradually beat in the sifted flour mixture until just combined.
The dough will seem a little thin, which is totally normal. Next, add in the chocolate chips.
Gently stir or fold in until mixed throughout.
No need to chill the dough! Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop cookie dough pieces onto prepared baking sheets roughly 2-3 inches apart. The cookies will spread.
Bake 9-11 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown but the centers are still soft. The cookies will fall as they cool, resulting in those glorious crinkled edges!
Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
Ultimate Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies will stay fresh for up to 4 days, but they definitely won’t last that long!
Ultimate Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup Salted Butter (2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp Nonfat Milk Powder
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 8 oz Mini Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 6 oz Regular Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- Pinches of Flaked Sea Salt or Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and line baking sheets with parchment paper.Sift the flour, milk powder, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Melt 2 sticks salted butter over low heat. Beat the sugars together in a large bowl until just combined. Stir in the butter, and beat for about 1 minute.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until a glossy, thin batter starts to form, about 1-2 more minutes.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture from earlier until just combined.Gently stir or fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop or scoop golf-ball sized cookie dough pieces onto prepared baking sheets roughly 2-3 inches apart. Cookies will spread.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until the edges turn golden and the cookies are still soft in the middle. Let cookies cool on pan for 3 minutes, they will settle as they cool. Transfer to wire racks to finish cooling completely.
Like this recipe? Try my Best Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe next!
- The Best Tiramisu
- Broiled Asian Salmon
- Artisan Pizza Dough
- Easy Vanilla Cake with Buttercream Frosting
- Buttery Homemade Biscuits
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?