Right around the first of October, we transition to the time of year that is all about sweet treats! I love to kick off the fall baking season with a batch of this super fun and Easy, Halloween Bark! It has all of the best things to give it that amazing balance of salty and sweet – Oreos, pretzels, candy corn, M&M’s, candy eyeballs, or pretty much anything else you might want to add. It takes no time at all to put together, and is such a fun activity for the kids! Thanks to the spooky candy and fun Halloween color scheme, adults and kids alike will go crazy for this tasty treat!
Feel free to add any salty or sweet toppings you like to this Easy Halloween Bark for the perfect, individually tailored Halloween treat!
Making the Halloween Bark
To begin, simply melt the Vanilla Almond Bark bricks in a pan over very low heat (or a double boiler). This time I made a chocolate batch as well, so I melted the semi-sweet morsels over very low heat in their own pan.
Next, spread the melted chocolate and/or melted almond bark onto baking sheets lined with parchment (or a silpat non-stick baking sheet liner) to about 1/2 inch thick.
From there, start with the big items – place the pretzels and Oreos all around the melted surface. Next, add the candy corns and M&M’s. Finish with the candy eyeballs and maybe some sprinkles.
Additionally, working from biggest to smallest for bark toppings ensures you have really good coverage and amazing color spread! It already looks so cute and fun!
To finish, place the bark sheet pans in the refrigerator for about 45 minutes or until the melted chocolate and almond bark has set and is firm enough to break into pieces.
Finally, break the bark apart in rough pieces and arrange on a platter or in a festive container. After serving, refrigerate any leftovers for up 3 days. This will ensure the ingredients stay fresh and crisp, not that you’ll have any leftovers!
Bring Easy Halloween Bark to any party or fall event, and people will go crazy for this sweet and salty treat! It really is so simple and so fun!
Easy Halloween Bark
- Parchment Paper or Silpat Liner
- 1 24oz Pkg Vanilla Almond Bark
- 1 12oz bag Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup Chopped Oreo Cookies
- 1 cup Pretzels (sticks or small twists)
- 1 cup Candy Corn
- 1 cup Reese's Peanut Butter cups, chopped
- 3/4 cup M&M's
- 1 pkg Candy Eyeballs
- Halloween Sprinkles
- Peanuts or Pistachios
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or non-stick baking mats. Prepare toppings, chop Oreos and peanut butter cups, etc.
- In a pan over very low heat (or a double boiler), melt the Vanilla Almond Bark pieces. In a separate pan, melt the semi-sweet morsels. Stir frequently to make sure the chocolate melts evenly. When completely melted, use a spatula to transfer the almond bark liquid and melted chocolate onto the prepared sheet pans. Spread evenly until a thickness of 1/4-1/2" has been reached.
- Begin adding the toppings, starting with the bigger items like pretzels, peanut butter cups, and chopped Oreos first. Next, add the medium sized items like candy corns and M&M's. Finish with the candy eyeballs, sprinkles and any other small items. The bark should be very well covered with toppings.
- Refrigerate the pans for about 45 minutes until the chocolate and almond bark have completely set. Break the pieces apart by hand and arrange for serving. Refrigerate any leftovers for up to 3 days.
Like this recipe? Try my Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies next!
- Easy Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Sicilian Scampi
- Easy Jambalaya Recipe
- Molten Chocolate Cakes
- Copycat Applebee’s Chicken Wonton Tacos
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?